Healthy Oatmeal Recipe for Weight Loss
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water or milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or your choice)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- In a small saucepan, bring water or milk to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the old-fashioned rolled oats and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add ground cinnamon and vanilla extract to the oats, stirring to combine.
- Cook the oats, stirring occasionally, for about 5-7 minutes or until they reach your desired consistency.
- Once the oats are cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the chia seeds to add extra fiber and thickness to the oatmeal.
- Transfer the cooked oatmeal to a serving bowl.
- Top the oatmeal with mixed berries and chopped nuts for added flavor, texture, and nutrients.
- If desired, drizzle a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup over the oatmeal for a touch of sweetness.
- Give the oatmeal a final gentle stir to incorporate all the toppings.
- Serve the oatmeal warm and enjoy your satisfying and nutritious breakfast!
- You can customize this recipe by adding other healthy mix-ins such as sliced bananas, diced apples, or a scoop of Greek yogurt.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your preference. If you’re aiming for weight loss, consider using natural sweetness from fruits and limit the added honey or maple syrup.
- Chia seeds not only add fiber but also healthy fats and protein to help keep you full for longer.
- This oatmeal recipe is rich in fiber, antioxidants, and essential nutrients, making it a great choice to kickstart your day and support your weight loss journey.
Remember, portion control and mindful eating are key components of successful weight loss. Feel free to adjust the portion sizes to align with your nutritional goals.